She’s betrayed public trust!’ Meghan Markle faces backlash over court case apology.

 

MEGHAN Markle has been facing a backlash after being forced to apologise to the Court of Appeal for claiming she had not contributed in any way to the drafting of the controversial biography Finding Freedom.

 

 

Meghan Markle had previously claimed she had played no role in the drafting of the book. But on Thursday, the Duchess of Sussex issued an apology to the Court of Appeals for “forgetting” about authorising a former aide to brief the authors of Finding Freedom.

 

 

Jeremy Vine caller Michael questioned the Duchess’s U-turn, claiming she had “betrayed the public’s trust” with her conduct.Michael said: “It’s consistent. She’s always been full of soundbites and the classic was when she first became involved with the Royal Family.

 

 

“They ran a documentary about her life on TV and she made a speech, or a speech was broadcast that she’d made, where she was praising her father for all his support through her education.

 

 

Later on, they showed another speech where she was at a some women’s organization, and therefore suited not to include her father, where she airbrushed the father out claiming she had to work to finance her education, which was a contradiction.

 

 

Presenter Jeremy Vine however offered a counterargument to Michael’s claims, saying: “You’ve been following it closely. We’ve mentioned it, this is bad.

 

 

She said she hadn’t cooperated then she said she forgot and she did. However, there are defenders of Meghan who say this is all motivated by people who don’t like Americans, don’t like people of colour, don’t like people who come from another country and marry into the Royal Family.

 

 

What do you say to that?” But citing Vine panelists Cristo Foufas, Michael renewed his claims: “They’re blind. Cristo was saying, by and large, the media initially were favorable and supportive of her.

 

 

“That was basically true, and that was true of the public. And she betrayed the public’s trust in her. “How can you forget you had significant phone calls, emails, meetings, discussions on such a serious topic?

 

 

Following the publication of Finding Freedom, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry distanced themselves from the biography, claiming they had played no part in the writing process.

 

 

However, the Sussexes former communications secretary Jason Knauf contradicted the claim in a bombshell statement to the Court of Appeals.

 

 

Mr Knauf, who is now working as chief executive of Prince William and Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge’s charitable foundation, said the authors of the books had been briefed at Harry and Meghan’s request.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here