MEGHAN MARKLE and Prince Harry have been criticised after it was announced the couple will be followed by a Netflix film crew on their upcoming trip to The Hague.
Meghan will join her husband Harry at the Invictus Games later this week, the first time the couple are back in Europe since they quit the Royal Family in 2020. The move has been mocked after the Duke of Sussex failed to return to the UK for Prince Philip’s memorial service.
Royal expert Richard Eden tweeted: “And, by happy coincidence, Prince Harry and Meghan will be accompanied by a Netflix film crew, who wouldn’t have been allowed to join them at Prince Philip’s memorial service.”
Replying, Twitter user @kayotickitchen said: “I can’t believe they’re using Invictus and those veterans as a PR-stunt to make money.”
Harry previously claimed it would be “too dangerous” for the family to return to the UK without security protection.
NEIL has also reported that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle feel more protected when they are together.
The Royal expert, Neil Sean on his YouTube channel explains how Meghan and Harry’s Holland trip is aimed to be beneficial for not only the couple but Netflix as well.
Mr Sean said: “We have now been told that Harry simply won’t be travelling alone.
“There’s an extension to that travel permit as well because someone else is braving the elements, non other than the former cable TV actress Meghan Markle,” he notes.
He adds: “They’re going to be a joint executive producers on this particular project now.”
About Netflix, Mr Sean says: “They’ve got to rake in their cash back so the duo attending together means they get mega mega publicity.”
He adds that Neflix have “done incredibly well out of Harry and Meghan”.
“Everytime people talk about that particular project, they mention them.”
Mr Sean added that the “ex-royal couple”, only “feel safe traveling together”.
The Invictus Games will take place from April 16 to 22 in the Netherlands. The Duke and his Duchess are expected to travel this week.