Baby Lilibet and Archie could meet new royal playmates very soon after huge change.

 

MEGHAN MARKLE and Prince Harry’s young children, Lilibet and Archie, may soon get the chance to meet their cousins and potential palace playmates as restrictions shift on UK-US travel.

 

 

The US border reopened to UK travellers at 5.01am GMT on Tuesday morning, meaning Royal Family members based in Britain can finally fly out to visit the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, and their two children.

 

 

The border had been closed to all but a narrow group of travellers bound for the States from the UK for almost two years.

 

 

The COVID-19 imposed travel ban had stopped members of the Royal Family from visiting the Sussexes in their Montecito home, but with the border open, this may offer opportunities for reconciliation across the pond.

 

 

An insider told Heat World: “They haven’t had a single royal visitor since moving to America, which they know is mainly because of COVID. But now that travel restrictions between the US and the UK have been lifted, they want that to change.

 

 

Prince Harry, who will on Wednesday be the guest of honour at a military gala in New York, returned to the UK in July for the unveiling of a bronze statue in tribute to his mother, the late Princess Diana.

 

 

But trips to and from the Sussexes California home, which they moved to following their split from the Royal Family just as the global COVID-19 pandemic started, have been few and far between.

 

 

This has meant Archie, two, and five-month-old baby Lilibet haven’t had the opportunity to get to know their royal cousins and family in the UK.

 

 

There has been a considerable distance between the Royal Family and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex since they surrendered their duties as working royals.

 

 

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex appeared at their final royal engagement in their previous capacity at the start of March 2020.

 

 

In February this year, Meghan and Harry confirmed to the Queen that the split was final, and a process of stripping the couple of their final tethers to the Firm began.

 

 

The couple’s statement at the time said: “As evidenced by their work over the past year, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex remain committed to their duty and service to the UK.

 

 

And around the world, and have offered their continued support to the organisations they have represented regardless of official role.

 

 

“We can all live a life of service. Service is universal.”A Buckingham Palace statement said the Royal Family were “saddened by their decision,” but did not change that the Duke and Duchess “remain much-loved members of the family”.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here